Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies!

Always searching for a snack that's healthy and delicious, I was pretty thrilled to perfect this Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, sans sugar!  Hooray!  Could it be?  


3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey or agave
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or both
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional - 1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal, unsweetened coconut 



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place agave (or honey) in a bowl or a standing mixer and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and peanut butter and beat another minute on medium speed or until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to incorporate.
6. Drop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten down each ball of cookie dough with the back of your hand or with the back of a fork making a checkerboard pattern.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. Cool and serve.



My kiddos were giddy to enjoy this after school snack.  A couple of Oreo cookie loving friends passed on these at the playground but my girls gobbled them up!  My husband said they taste healthy but didn't pass on a second one.  


The verdict?  A winner - we'll be making these over and over, experimenting with variations!

Comments

  1. These look delicious! Will definitely have to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try these out! I love peanut butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My partner and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I may
    as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to looking over your web page repeatedly.


    Check out my weblog - diet plans to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts