Newman's Own Feature - Dairy Free!

I've talked about our family's devotion to Newman's Own Organics in the past.  This fabulous company offers certified organic goodies grown on farms without artificial fertilizers or pesticides.  They offer a wide variety of delicious products and snacks including cookies, popcorn, pretzels, dried fruit, mints, royal tea, soy crisps, Fig Newmans, chocolate bars and even pet food!  Formally part of Newman's Own, Newman's Own Organics became its own seperate company in late 2001. 
You may know that we discovered our daughter, Riley has a dairy sensitivity.  She has felt so much better now that we've eliminated the dairy she consumes.  Sometimes that makes snacking difficult so when we learned that Newman's Own Organics also offers a variety of dairy free and other allergy friendly products, we were beyond thrilled!  We were lucky enough to sample some of these delicious products this past Summer and Fall.  Here's what we thought about our favorite picks....
 
First up, Newman's Own Organics Dried Fruit!  My kiddos love dried fruit from here!  Moist and tasty, the apples were their favorites because they were sweet and chewy but not overly sweet.  The girls gobbled them up quickly and I felt great about feeding them these since they are 100% organic and made without sulfates.   They also loved their cranberries and berry blend.  They are versitle too - I even added them in a salad mixed with chicken and walnuts recently, perfect for Fall!  What I love most is that they aren't sugary or fake tasting they taste natural and the girls kept asking for more, a win-win in my book!  We also enjoyed the tart Newman's Own Dried Organic Apricots, which I put in a yummy trail mix and the Newman's Own Organic Raisins, which we added to our homeade granola bars! 

Next, we were thrilled to sample some of their delicious dairy free cookies, our favorite? Fig Newmans of course! To look at this cookie, it is similar to another very popular cookie but appearance is where these similarities end.  It's well balanced, a "grown up" cookie that is perfect to dip in some nice hot coffee this Fall.  I highly recommend giving these dunk a try.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to sitting out on my deck on a chilly fall day watching the kids play in the backyard while eating these and having a warm beverage.  Yeah, I've given this a lot of thought.  They're that good.  Of course, Riley was thrilled that she could induldge a bit in these moist cookies!
We also sampled the Dairy Free Newman's Own Organics Alphabet Cookies.  The girls loved these!  Fun and different, they enjoyed digging out letters, making words and spelling their names.   We sampled the Chocolate and they did not disappoint.  Perfect for little hands and paired with some sliced apples, I felt good giving my girls these yummy cookies.  More "fun" than traditional animal crackers, these have the added health benefit of dark chocolate and yummy cookie - cracker taste.   They also come in cinnamon and arrowroot!
Be sure to check out Newman's Own Organics the next time you are lucky enough to spot them.  Give them a try!  I feel great about buying snacks from a company that supports organic farmers and offer good food.  You can even print out a coupon or two here and give their products a try!  Also be sure to consider their options if you have a dairy sensitivity in your household or another food allergy.  They offer a variety of vegan options!  Be sure to Like Newman's Own Organics on Facebook to be "in the know" on new products (they just launched their new line of Newman's Own Organics Dog Food!) and company information!

Please note, Newman's Own Organics sent my family some samples to try from their Vegan line.  I was not paid for this review and the opinions are my own. 

Comments

  1. I love this and will try and make some. I love Neuman products. They give back !!! HUGS and thanks for sharing such YUMMY goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with a dairy sensitivity, so I will be sure to tell her about Newmans Own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen all these great Newman's Own products....I need to keep my eyes out! High protein pretzels and organic dried fruit? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Newman's Own products I've tried before. I love that they have vegan options! Everything you mentioned here sounds soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts