Vegetable Coconut Curry

When I had nothing in the house to serve last week, I called on my sister in law who suggested this easy, vegetarian recipe our whole family loved.  Vegetable Coconut Curry is rich in flavor and veggies so we felt full and satisfied at the end of the meal.  It's extremely versitle too - so you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand.  We didn't have much in the house so I used "everything but the kitchen sink".  Mission accomplished and this healthy dish saved me another trip to the grocery store!  My hubby took the leftovers to lunch the next day!

Ingredients:
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
  • Assorted veggies - I had frozen green beans/carrots/baby corn/mushrooms
  • jasmine rice
Directions:
  1. In a food processor, combine coconut milk, curry, cumin, garlic, ginger and salt.  Blend until smooth.
  2. In a saucepan, saute butter, coconut milk mixture and add your veggies and simmer.
  3. Cook your rice according to directions
  4. Pour vegetables and over rice, stir and serve
Do you have an easy "kitchen sink" recipe you resort to when needed?  I'd it if you shared, always looking for new ideas for delicioulsy simple meals!

Comments

  1. Yum yum yum! I loooove veggie curries. I need to make one stat! :)

    One easy recipe I've been making a lot lately (I don't know if you could actually call it a recipe though haha) is just making pasta, and mixing it with marinara sauce and goat cheese or cream cheese. The little bit of tang from the cheese makes the sauce so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut curry! I need to remember to make myself a dish like this while my kids are in school - my daughter isn't a big curry fan :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such an easy and delicious curry dish!! I can't WAIT to try it!!! Thanks for the recipe, friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts