Barefoot by the Sea: 1983 Called...It's Retro Monday!

Monday, May 5, 2014

1983 Called...It's Retro Monday!

Do you remember these?  The fact that my daughter is turning 10 in less than a week is a little crazy to me.  I started thinking more about when I was 10, as I seem to have a lot of memories of that time.  I do remember one snack my friends and I always HAD to have.  I can almost hear Bill Cosby's voice now..."Jello Pudding Pops!"  We loved them and my Mom seemed to always have them on hand.  Nothing like a hot Summer day, my terrycloth romper, my bike with it's banana seat and a Chocolate Jello Pudding Pop!  What ever happenned to them? 
 
Next up, the movie of MY 4th grade year: Annie!  My friends and I belted out the tunes to It's a Hard Knock Life constantly (think Let it Go).  I begged my Mom to dye my hair red and get a perm.   I didn't get either request.  Yes, Mother does know best! 
I'll leave you with one of my favorite commercials and let you in on a little secret: the kid that stared in this commercial was one of my very first crushes of the '80s (I think it was the hair).  Take that Ricky Schroder!

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Fun trip down memory lane! Always loved Bill Cosby advertisements, and pudding pops! Have fun getting ready for the birthday party, I am sure it will be tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I could not read this post without hearing Jorden in my head....he is obsessed with impersonating the Bill Cosby Jello commercials and is so bad at it!! I definitely remember the pops, though.....so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Delxue Designs