Tortilla Melts

Another super fresh and simple idea for meals or snacking are tortilla melts. I love Mexican food or anything that resembles it so these were right up my alley! What I love most about these is that you can really use pretty much whatever you have on hand: tomatoes, red onion, peppers, the cheese of your choice all topped with salsa and maybe a little fresh cilantro!  My hubby adds crumbled bacon or grilled chicken. Simple, healthy and so easy!  Since it's Monday again, I'm all about easy meals to start our busy week!

TortillaMelts
8 tortillas - I used corn but anything goes
2 seeded tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 pepper, seeded and chopped
Cheese of your choice, about 1 & 1/2 cups, divided evenly
8 slices of  bacon, crumbled or 2 grilled  chicken breasts, diced

Directions
On a baking sheet, lay your tortillas out and too each with your veggies, sprinkle with bacon or chicken if using, top with cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until cheese is melted and tortilla is a little crisp
Top with fresh cilantro and avocado, salsa or sour cream if desired

This is a great recipe to have the kids help with!  Mine love making their own, because they are more likely to eat and enjoy!  I love having my children help out in the kitchen, it's both rewarding and fun - most of the time!  Yes, it can get messy but it's a great way to reconnect during the week!

Have a great one!

Comments

  1. yum! these look great! i never have corn tortillas around...usually only flour. I will have to try this though. And I bet they would be delicious with beans ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes beans would be great and the added protein would probably make it more complete!

      Delete
  2. For the first time in my life, I am officially on a diet. This would fit perfectly on the plan I am on. Great idea that will add some variety to my new weekly meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great for eating a little more carefully! They def help keep me stay on track!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts