The beauty of Fall!

Even though it's going to 65° today, I know we are in the thick of Autumn. The trees are starting to change, exposing their beautiful color here in New England. I feel blessed to be able to see the amazing foliage right in my backyard. It's wonderful to see the gorgeous color, houses adorned with corn stalks, pumpkins and beautiful mums.
Can you believe people around here are actually complaining that the trees haven't changed as quickly as they like! Give it time people! The hotter than normal August we experienced have caused the changes in the leaves to happen more gradually.  Yes, the trees are changing a little more slowly but they are changing. It reminds me of December 2014 when everyone was complaining it was "too warm" and we didn't have "enough snow".  I want to remind people: BE-CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!  That being said, it's set to be another glorious season, full of color and beauty! 
It's quite obvious why a lot of people claim this is their favorite season, how could we blame them? 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It used to be mine as well - but as I get older, I'm more of a Summer girl but Fall is a close 2nd!

      Delete
  2. It's my favorite too. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've been noticing the tree colors against the gorgeous blue skies lately. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always mourn the end of summer, but views like this have me coming around in no time. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do mourn the end of Summer as well - but this makes it worth it. ALMOST!

      Delete
  4. The colors in your photos are gorgeous. I think cold nights is what really brings out vibrant fall colors. But I'd compromise with warmer weather and a slower color change. It won't be long before the yard turns to mush and it is too cold to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I can't even think of having a Winter like last year! So, we will enjoy THIS while we can!

      Delete
  5. I love your first photo. Is that your house?
    Lovely setting.
    We have been blessed with an amazing Autumn as well. We enjoyed 68 degrees today.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these less than chilly Autumn temperatures - no complaints here! :)

      Delete
  6. I hear ya. I have to admit I haven't complained out loud, but I've been a little antsy about the colors "not changing fast enough". You are so right though. If it's not one thing it's another. You just have to embrace what you have! I love fall so much and last year I forget if it was just a huge storm combined with drastic temperatures, but it never quite peaked like it usually does and I was bummed. It's starting to cool down now though and I LOVE it. Especially since I am pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's a little different for you my friend! You are expecting! So, yes - I'm thinking you have the right to complain a bit! That being said, I love the idea of embracing what we have! Living in the moment, right? I hope you are feeling well in these last weeks!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Photo's! I've felt like the colors are a little behind here as well, but I am certainly not complaining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts