Easy Cupcake Packaging DIY Gifts

Happy December 14th!  Almost mid month and have you got a handle on everything?  I'm slowly getting there but it's a process.  I just started trying to figure out treats and sweets, a lot of time in the kitchen is planned over the next week. 
Recently, I made a couple dozen cupcakes for a holiday bake sale. It seemed easy enough when I signed up but then the request was made that everything come packaged. I realized this was easier said than done when it comes to cupcakes! I came across the step that you may already be aware of but I found that it was too smart not to share! 
 After your cupcakes are completely cool and frosted, place one into a short, clear, plastic cup. Then place this the cupcake cup inside of a bag or wrap and secure with ribbon or twine. This will ensure your cupcake is protected from plastic wrap or baggies sticking to the frosting. I do prefer Mason jars for food gifts and don't like the fact that this tip isn't environmentally friendly however, it does work in a pinch. These are also cute for individual gifts for neighbors, friends and teachers. Easy and economical!
I'm happy to report the bake sale was a success and cupcakes were enjoyed by many, frosting and all!
What tips do you have for packaging and giving treats this time of year? 

Comments

  1. Great idea! I needed this idea for this weekend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using this idea again today, I find it very helpful this time of year!

      Delete
  2. Clever! I love this idea, and I will use it.
    I really have no packaging tips, and always struggle with creative ways to present treats. So please share any other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always check out stores like TJMAXX and Marshalls to get cute boxes and bags for good gifts. Check there! 🎄

      Delete
  3. Awesome. I am glad it went well. They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts