Adjusting!

Hello! We are inching closer towards the weekend and having the very first week of January 2016 under our belts. How was the week for you? We had some adjusting this week, as we got back to our routines and daily schedules. I feel like life is a series of adjustments, whether we are adjusting to new seasons, time changes, new opportunities or difficult times. Viewing changes or obstacles thrown our way as adjustments is helpful to me and learning to except them as just a part of life. For example, this week we adjusted back to getting up earlier, heading off to work and school, getting into our homework routine again, eating a bit better and getting to bed at a relatively decent time.
Although certainly not as fun as approaching Christmas, I know this is absolutely necessary for our family's health and well-being. The adjustment of how I viewed getting back into a rhythm benefits my attitude and has helped me tackle the "end of the year blues". Thankfully, I'm happy to report I have avoided those this year! If I notice those feeling creeping in, I do my best to adjust my thinking and focus with the prospect of a New Year. 
As I said earlier this week, I don't really make resolutions but I'm still trying to get to the best ME I can be. Part of this is adjusting how I view things, saying no when I need to and yes when I should, thinking and taking a deep breath prior to a reaction and focusing on the positive.  The journey continues!  

For now, I am adjusting back to my weekend schedule, where the idea of sleeping till 6AM sounds like a gift! Enjoy! 

Comments

  1. It's been a lot of adjustments here too, back to school, work and college and all that goes along with those things. I'm thankful it's the end of that first week, it's always tough and I always feel extra tired. I need the routine so it feels good and once I get those decorations put away, it will feel even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like the word "settled" better than "adjusting" but we are getting there!

      Delete
  2. I am with you. I had a good and a bad week. I am always sad when everyone is back at it...I miss everyone. ;-)
    I also felt a bit homesick for my parents. They do not live close and in the Winter months we do not see them.
    I had a good week, in that everyone did well getting back at it. We all are healthy and it snowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard when parents live far away, thinking of you Carla. 💗

      Delete
  3. "Taking a deep breath prior to a reaction:, I need to focus on that and do better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been struggling with the winter blues (although I am sure there are also a million other reasons I've been moody). I have enjoyed getting back into the swing of things though. My kids were staying up way too late over Christmas and it was wearing me out. Now that we have our normal routine it makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot going on my friend. I can understand why you're feeling a wide range of emotions. Just give yourself time and a break. Things will fall into place soon. They always do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts