Cheers to 2016!

Hello! We are back at it after a wonderful, long Christmas break. I know a lot of people feel the after Christmas blues but at this point I am more than ready to get back on a schedule and routine. For me, the anticipation of starting back up again is the hardest. I'm grateful that we have morning under our belts now, the kids left for school happy and healthy and anxious to see their friends.  

Our vacation was restful, I think that would summarize it best. My daughter was sick over Christmas and school vacation week but it allowed us the time to slow down and and reconnect as a family. It was the best vacation we've had in a while. The weeks leading up to the holidays can be so busy, it's no coincidence that some of us were exhausted by the time Christmas rolled around. I feel so grateful that we had this long winter break. We snuggled a lot, played a lot of games, did a little baking, and enjoyed a lot of laughs. We also slept later then in recent memory. It was wonderful to not have to be anywhere, just to have an unrushed morning to enjoy the beautiful Christmas lights and decorations and our family. 

This week is all about getting readjusted again. The girls are heading off to school, I am heading back to work. Things are taking on more of that ordinary feel again. I'm also trying hard to get a little more quality content for the blog but as so many of you can likely relate to, there is never enough time in the day! 

So with that, I am often running! I hope you are off to a wonderful start this year and today!

Comments

  1. I feel the same way about the break. We were lazy and it was wonderful!! I feel like we truly got a break and got to spend it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! We all slept in...is 7am sleeping in for me LOL :-)) it is when 5am is the usual wake up time for me, 4am for my husband.
    It was wonderful. We all needed it!! We just enjoyed each other. We played games, watched some movies and enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we needed it too! Getting up and out the door now by 6:40 isn't quite as hard as before for us, so that's nice!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!
    The reality of the alarms going off this morning was more than I was ready for. But, we will adapt and get back into the routine. Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping in sounds glorious...I wish I could convince Emma that it is something she will love :-) Perhaps when she is 16

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts