Garden LOVE

As the weather warms up, we take more trips to our local greenhouse. We're lucky to have a beautiful one close by, full of locally grown plants, fruits and vegetables. It's the perfect place to enjoy an escape. The girls and I headed there this past weekend to purchase a few plants for our back deck. We have a shady backyard, so I usually opt for coleus and begonias, things that are relatively easy and sort of take care of themselves. This is most definitely the first of many purchase trips but I wanted to stay on top of my planting. Am I the only one that gets carried away? Last year I made one HUGE and EXPENSIVE trip which ended up leading to a bit of stress because I was running around trying to get everything planted. This year I decided to take a different approach.
As always, the girls loved exploring the fairy house options and have been busy making a plan. It's a great escape for the mind, body and spirit! 
We will return soon!

Comments

  1. I've definitely been guilty of that. I think I bought just the right amount this time and went back for a few more hanging pot which are easy peasy. The only thing we still need are veggie plants for our little garden. I love exploring garden centers. Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get veggies in tomorrow if Mother Nature corporates.

      Delete
  2. Fairy houses! Also could be cute little gnomes (it's the knitting that has made me think gnomes are cute xD ). I would be the person wanting to buy all the plants and things all at once and then get it all home and try to do everything all at once (and then, knowing me, half of it would die off or something like that, ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love the green house too...I love that they make my garden a lot easier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do know what you mean. Keep me posted on your progress. And I think you can guess what I have been up to this week. ;-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always need a few different trips to the garden center to get my plants, I tend to underestimate what fills a planter, and I also like to go to a few different locations to compare prices and plants, so it's a slow build for me! We planted a lilac bush this spring, which I'm really happy about. And some peony bushes- they won't do much this year, but hopefully next year they will have some blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After the second summer on the farm, I had to admit I was taking on to much and had to start cutting back. Pretty flowers were on the losing end. I miss them, but at least I don't have to feel bad after I have killed them :)
    Looking forward to hearing your plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to tackle what you have time for - the plants are better off when I don't have grand expectations!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts