Weekend Fun

We are headed into a warm week here in the US, with temperatures higher than normal for most of the country. From the sounds of it, only the Northwest will be spared. That means a week of cold dinners here, keeping cool and lots of hydration. Iced tea, homemade ice pops and watermelon are definitely on tap this week, I'm hoping to share a recipe or two if I can get my act together.

This past weekend, we celebrated my husband's birthday which was fun. On Saturday, we headed up to Lincoln New Hampshire and hiked for a bit. Our friends recommended visiting the Flume Gorge which was absolutely spectacular. Here are some pictures from our adventure… 

On the way home, we stopped on Lake Winnipesaukee and watched the boats for a bit, and headed home tired and happy. On Sunday, we had a cookout and celebrated my husband's birthday with some yummy grilled food. We spent most the day outside although you can definitely feel the humidity starting to creep in. Our grass is getting crunchy but our garden is loving this weather! I've seen a lot of garden pictures from across the US, and ours is moving right along. I'm hoping that in addition to pinking string beans and herbs that soon our cucumbers and squash will be ready. It's only a matter of time! 

Here's to keeping cool this week!  I hope you're off to a great one!

Comments

  1. That's exciting about your garden. We only have some herbs that came back from last year. It's been super hot here and we are expecting a heatwave...uggh! Those photos of the gorge our wonderful. Sounds like a great birthday for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! We will definitely go back! Stay cool, the end of the week here looks HOT☀️

      Delete
  2. I love your photos. Looks like my kind of place.
    Happy Birthday to your husband. What a special way to celebrate.

    We are in for a heat wave too, to much of a heat wave. 115 degree heat index for Friday. At this time I do not think I will bother doing market, too hot for my bouquets.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hot! Be careful in the heat ☀️! Probably smart to skip the market! My flowers are all wilty in the heat!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful area you live in! Definitely good timing to go before the big heat wave, too.
    Hope your husband enjoyed his special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such amazing natural beauty so close to your home, how lucky you guys are! And glad to hear your garden is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have enjoyed exploring more this summer, it's been great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts