Why am I rambling about all this? Just to give you an idea as to why I may have been MIA yet again lately! We have enjoyed our snow days, we've done crafts, have picnics inside and did a lot of baking. We went sledding, and did a lot of shoveling! Now I'm kind of done with the snow, but I am happy for the plowmen who rely on it for income and skiers too! I just hope this is the worst of it and that there isn't another pattern like this ahead for March.
That being said, I promise to share a yummy recipe for homemade peanut butter cups last week and it just never happened. I procrastinated and although the peanut butter cups have been shared and enjoyed, I still wanted to share this simple recipe with you guys!
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter will do!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 mini cupcake liners. Melt chocolate, vanilla and coconut over low heat, stirring to ensure it doesn't burn or in 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir until all chocolate chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Using a spoon drop about 1 teaspoon of chocolate to cover the bottom of the liner into each cupcake liner. Place tray into the freezer for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to set. Remove from freezer and spoon ½ teaspoon of nut butter in the center of each chocolate cup.
- Spoon remaining chocolate over each and cover your nut butter. Place in the freezer again for 5-10 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.
These will be a great little treat to take to the beach this Summer too - when I'm there, completely SOLO waiting for my kids to finish up with their year ;)