Cinnamon Oat Granola (Easy Recipes)

Last week, our most recent snow day was called here in New England and once again, we went into hibernation mode. It seemed like a crazy joke, since we had almost hit 60 degrees just a few days earlier, a sure sign that Spring was on its way! The storm DELIVERED and by saying that, I mean it was a true Nor'easter complete with blizzard conditions here on the coast and everything was pretty much shut down. It was the perfect time to make some treats for the rest of the week. This time, I tried a new recipe for granola and wanted to share!

A couple of days before I'd been searching for that perfect granola but it's pricy and since I had some of the ingredients already, I decided to give it a shot. This granola is heart healthy, flavorful and perfect to top yogurt or to grab as a quick snack. I'll be making it again! 
Healthy Cinnamon Oat Granola
Ingredients
  • 4 cups of old fashioned rolled oats (I used Bobs brand)
  • 1 cup raw nuts/seeds. I used pepitas and chia seeds because I had them on hand
  • 1 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Optional - dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, but I didn't have any)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
  2. Mix oats, nuts, seeds, salt and cinnamon
  3. Add oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix well till combined
  4. Spread granola into an even layer 
  5. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes and stir halfway through. 
  6. Cool granola completely before storing and add any dried fruit at this point.
  7. Store in mason jar for about 2 weeks. 
Do you make your own granola or have favorite mix ins? I'd love to hear! Please share tips and tricks for your favorite. This stuff is so good!

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I do make my own granola. I am with you, I find it can get pricey. My son Sam loves it so much, he is a teenage boy, who never seems full. He can us a bag to mix with yogurt. LOL

    I will be trying your recipe.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is NEVER enough granola but I imagine with 2 boys it could get super pricy! Try this!

      Delete
  2. This really sounds good. No, I don't make my own granola but might be tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so tasty! An absolutely perfect snack for movie watching during the snow storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do make my own granola and it's very similar to this one! It makes the house smell so good when it's baking. I hope we are both done with snow days! Ours is still sticking around in places, hopefully tomorrow's warmer temps will get rid of it for good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts