2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish? Yes, I've been to Mexico - I was a junior in college. Cancun is about as Americanized Mexico as you can get. I remember arriving an ordering nachos with my friends, only to be served stale chips with gluey, orange cheese. I'm guessing they figure college kids aren't culinary experts, at least not in the mid 90s. I studied Spanish all through school, can't speak it that well but can understand some (isn't that always the way?)
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month? I'm hoping to get yard work done (if it EVER stops raining), plant my garden and celebrate my daughter's birthday next week. That WILL happen!
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered? I'd love for the community to get together to clean up the sides of the roads - this time of year it's SO dirty after such a long Winter. It's a beautiful area, but we need to clean it up this time of year. I am actively involved in our school system and try to help out where I'm useful. We just had a huge Earth Day event at my youngest's school, I'm happy to be involved and love seeing the kids get so excited about greening the grounds and making their school - and community the best place it can be!
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get? The show, 13 Reasons Why - which seemingly glamorizes suicide and I'm not sure why you'd let your kids watch this show. If you weren't aware of it and they're watching, have a conversation with them - it's too important not to!
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land? My husband is the biggest Star Wars fan I know - as in, he has trunk loads of items for his "someday man cave" of little circa 1970 Star Wars figures, old Empire Strikes Back glasses from Burger King, all sorts of merchandise. He is quite obsessed and in order to be married to him, well, it was kind of a prerequisite to be a fan as well. I remember seeing the original Star Wars with my Grandmother in 1978 in Ludlow, Massachusetts. Yes, I've seen them all. I never dressed as Darth but my husband has and yes, we have several lightsabers around the house (in the attic of course), but they're handy in case we need to use "the force".
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time? The post shared my then FIVE year old's pictures she took on my phone. She was so little but loved her puppies and was creative - that still rings true today! Family and creativity are two topics I love to write about - my family is just busier these days!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy May Friends!