Last Hodgepodge of July!

Hodgepodge today! Thank you From This Side of The Pond! Come join the fun! Visit, answer questions and share!  Here we go-

From this Side of the Pond

1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM? Yesterday at 3:15 PM I'm pretty sure I was folding laundry. It was pouring rain here and chilly. My oldest was making turkey chili for our dinner, my youngest was making soap with a kit she received for her birthday. A good day for comfort food and crafts. My energy level is so-so that time of day but nothing an iced coffee can't cure! 

2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate. This past weekend we threw around the frisbee...does that count? There's nothing like a warm, lazy Summer evening with lawn games and my family. My happy place!


3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why. Sunshine, to warm our week up a bit. Extra cash, because when would that NOT help and another JULY. It was a great month - I'm not thrilled it's winding down so quickly. 
4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong? I do think I'm strong. I was raised by a strong woman who has persevered through curveballs thrown her way in life. I've learned a lot from my Mom. I like to think I've got a decent head on my shoulders, a good upbringing and good values. That helps. 

5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past? I did like the Great Gatsby, Little House on the Prairie. Can't think of much else. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Comments

  1. It does sound like it was a perfect day yesterday. I like your list of three things! This year is going by way to fast....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Seems like such a beautiful time of year passes so quickly!

      Delete
  2. Children who make soup and soap! Do you ever lend them out? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That was a good day! They are busy! I do love how helpful they are but admittedly, they haven't mastered the art of cleaning up after their projects!

      Delete
  3. Love those cool summer days when you can enjoy some yummy chili!
    Time really needs to slow down! I fear August is going to fly by just as fast, but we can hope it will be slower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I like when we get a cool summer day to do some baking and do some comfort food recipes.
    I am with you, how on earth can it already be August?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday sounded nice and cozy despite the weather. My youngest has gotten into making soap too! I bet the chili was delish! You are definitely a strong woman with a great head on your shoulders. I'm not ready for August at all (except that dd comes home!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts