Last Sweet Days of Summer

Summer is completely fleeting! So here I am, on August 25th and realizing it's been weeks since I've blogger. I've had good intentions but I've neglected my space here once again. We've been busy soaking up the beautiful Summer in New England. We've had long, lazy days, we've gone on our annual Cape Cod vacation, we've hit the beach, gone to the farms, went blueberry picking and went on zillions of long evening walks. We've roasted marshmallows, visited family, hung out with friends, watched outdoor movies and soaked it all up. We checked our bucket list over and over and I think we've successfully completed it all! This past week we slowly strolled back into the middle school, to test lockers, to find familiar names on homeroom doors and I couldn't help remember...

remember that this will be the very LAST year my oldest will be in this middle school. 

and that after 11 years, this will be the very LAST year my youngest is in that elementary school.

So I am trying. I am trying to remember that summer has been wonderful and it coming to an end is bittersweet. We need to enthusiastically look ahead to another school year full of excitement and challenges. 

Summer of 2017's chapter is almost coming to an end and the next chapter is beginning. 
Happy Weekend! 

Comments

  1. Summer has gone SO fast this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful summer full of lots of fun and lasting memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending HUGS my friend. We will start school 9/5. Sam will be a senior this school year. Our first graduation and Atticus will just be 2 more years. Talk about flying by!
    So happy to have special friends to talk this change of seasons with.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we are in it together! Exciting time for your boys - a senior and a sophomore! Busy!

      Delete
  4. You'll never regret taking that time to spend with your family. My blog really took a back seat this summer too. Blogging can wait, kids grow up too fast. Glad to hear you've had what sounds like an amazing summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son has another year in elementary.. they grow up in blink...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest is going into middle school, too. I'm excited for her....but what a crazy feeling! Hope all goes well with the transition. If nothing else, we can commiserate <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed your sweet days of summer, it all goes too quickly and I know this school year will fly by. It's a big one for all of our girls!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts