Channeling Madonna

This past weekend was rainy and dreary.  On Sunday morning, when I was sipping my coffee, I looked up to see my almost 2 year old sporting a bunch of hair elastics on her left wrist.

"Did you put those on her Riley?"  I asked
"No Mama, she got them out of your drawer and put them one by one on her wrist.  I think she looks sort of cool." She said

I had to laugh.  I think it was 1984 when I too, thought they looked mighty cool.  Those jelly bracelets, piled one on top of another as I danced around my room to Material Girl.  Yikes. 

Oh and those bracelets are now trashed because they were encrusted with Sydney's bagel and cream cheese - neither of which made it into her belly but a lot on those bracelets and of course, in her hair.  

Come back tomorrow for our Featured Artist Thursday and a NEW GIVEAWAY!

Comments

  1. awwww! Too cute! I SO remember jelly bracelets! How gross were they in the summer!?! with our jelly shoes!

    hugs!
    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie.. Love those bracelets..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now the new best thing is "Silly Bands" Little rubber bands in all differnt shapes! My daughter and her friends love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That reminds me of when I was Cyndia Lauper for Halloween circa 1984. ;)

    Jennifer
    http://www.thefarriswheel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, the reminder of jelly shoes thanks to Kim. Loved those and jelly bracelets. Remember when Ricky Schroeder wore two intertwined on his wrist on "Silver Spoons?" Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh I remember having my entire wrist covered in those stupid rubber bracelets...or better yet...the silver kind that clanked together all day and made me feel so much older then I was!
    Thanks for the giggle...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved my jelly shoes and bracelets! too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts