I'll take mine iced!

Recently, I read an article about Starbucks and how they currently have only 10% of the US coffee market.  Apparently, Folgers has the most and Starbucks would like to increase their share.  Last year, they purchased Seattle's Best coffee and are trying to inch ahead of Dunkin Donuts by placing their coffee in Subway and Burger King.  Yesterday, I came across this link for a free Seattle's Best iced or hot coffee and thought I'd share.  Not as good as Starbucks but then again, there aren't too many free Starbucks coupons floating around out there so we'll take what we can get!

Click here for the coupon that expires 6-30-10

Also, I wanted to include this DELICIOUS looking recipe I found over at my new favorite online cookbook, Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes.   This is on my "must make" list for the week.  Perfect for strawberry season and lowfat to boot?  I'm so there!
Low Fat Strawberry Scones
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 scone Points: 4 ww pts
Calories: 201.1 • Fat: 6.5 g Protein: 4.5 g Carb: 32.2 g Fiber: 2.7 g 
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 tsp for topping
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 (half stick) cup frozen butter
  • 3/4 cups 1% light buttermilk (cold)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 400°.

Mix strawberries with 1 tbsp of sugar and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.

Using the large holes of a cheese grater, grate the frozen butter into the flour. Mix well with flour.

In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk, vanilla.

Using a fork, slowly stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, until all the mixture is moistened. Do not over work the dough. Fold in the strawberries.

Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat, or parchment paper. Drop 8 equal large spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet (to avoid tough scones, do not press or compact). Bake in the center rack 18 minutes. Remove and let them cool about 5 minutes before eating.

Comments

  1. Love your blog! I am now following you! You can follow me at mymodernguide.blogspot.com

    Beki :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny we were just talking about that article! I was shocked it was so low, but then we thought about how much coffee is bought at the grocery store! ...let me know how the scones turn out! Might have to try those!

    hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts