Channeling my inner Dorothy Hamill!


My apologies for that horrid picture....but, can you see that? 
My husband decided to build the girls a little ice rink!  Unlike most Winters, we've had little snow here in the Northeast.  Instead of sledding,  the girls have been busy riding bikes, swinging and playing outside in the 50+ degree weather but the temperature dropped for a few days and after realizing it would cost $30+ for us all to go the local rink for an hour,  he decided to build a our own. 

We used it for the very first time this past weekend and it was SO MUCH FUN!  We were slip sliding away and the girls had blast (helmets on, of course!)  Warm mugs of hot cocoa (or coffee for me!) topped off an inexpensive and fun activity.  This was one project that I take no credit for, it was all him and I'm so happy that he did it. 

Of course today, it's mild again, so the ice is melting but chillier temps are on the horizon, we can't wait!

Comments

  1. How wonderful! I bet the kids had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun! It finally has started to snow here more, can't wait to get outside and play with our little lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts