Barefoot by the Sea: Heirloom Tomatoes....please don't go!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Heirloom Tomatoes....please don't go!

I'm loving everything about August right now and one HUGE part of that?  TOMATOES!  I love the ripe, wonders of them - with a big 'ol slice of avacado, mozzerella, whatever - they are so good!  I hit a farm near my Mom's house and got the most beautiful dark purple, yellow and orange heirloom varieties I have every tasted.  We sliced them up and the girls were in tomato heaven!
A little cilantro dressing on the side for dunking makes a great snack for my girls!  If only I could figure out a way to get these locally all year long.  Then again, it wouldn't be as sweet!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE tomato season! It is way too short...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heirlooms are the greatest! Their shape is usually a little different, almost mal-formed, but are they delish!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Delxue Designs