The bond...

One of my friends, Amanda, has an adorable blog called Little B that spotlights a picture a day of her beautiful baby girl.  Recently, she had a scary mishap (aka Little B rolling off her couch, read more about it and more here).  I remember those days - when your heart stops and you hurt for them, worry for them....you feel that thump, as if it were your own.  Actually, I still have those days.  Scary, frightful, never let them go moments.  I remembered this quote, (forgive me if I've mentioned this one before) that my boss said to me when I was pregnant with my first...
“Making the decision to have a child - It's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”- Elizabeth Stone
For me, that summarizes how I feel on a daily basis.  My heart (or, two hearts in my case) are always outside of my body.  They are the most precious things that I treasure.  That is one thing that will never go away, no matter how much time passes. 

Comments

  1. *tear* seriously! last night jack didn't want to go to sleep and kept saying "emma, emma" so we put him down in Emma's bed, and the snuggled up together for about 15 minutes. I think he would have stayed the night with her if we had let her. It made my heart melt! They are growing up too fast...all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts