Melt Organic Feature and Review

If you've been reading my blog, you know this - I love food, especially food with a healthy flair.  Nobody would describe me as the best cook but I'm getting better.  I'm always looking for new products to try and incorporate into my family's healthy lifestyle.  When I was asked to take a peek at Melt, I was intrigued by it's claims but needed to try it myself. 


What is Melt?  Melt Buttery Spread is the organic (95% organic ingredients), gluten free butter alternative with a blend of the healthy fats and oils that are actually good for you.  Right away this was interesting, since my hubby is watching his cholesterol and his side of the family doesn't have the best track record when it comes to heart health.  Melt supports healthy weight when replacing other fats in your diet and I was pretty thrilled to find that it actually MELTS (unlike so many of those other "butter alternatives" that just seem to burn my grilled cheese into a crunchy black mess.)  Add to that Melt has NO hydrogenated oils and I was sold.....almost....because really, it's all about taste, isn't it??  You can read more about this fabulous butter substitute here to learn how it's different than the usual suspects.  The virgin coconut oil they use gives it a rich, delicious taste!

So we tried it...on our toast, English muffins, banana bread, blueberry muffins, waffles, green beans and carrots and it was a hit.  Melt has creamy, buttery taste with just a hint of sweetness that my family loved.  Then, I decided to cook with it and bake with it, and my picky discerning family didn't notice a difference....and that's a good thing.  Melt is worth the try and we will be looking for the Rich & Creamy Melt Buttery Spread in the grocery store from now on!  

A bit more about Melt: Melt's made of virgin coconut oil, flax seed oil, palm fruit oil and canola oil and supports digestive wellness, optimal nutrition absorption and healthy weight. It's sold in stores such as Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, King Soopers, Albertsons and Sprouts.


Melt is hosting a MINGLE WITH MELT dinner party for you and 10 of your friends!  The sweepstakes runs until October 31st and the winner will receive a $500 VISA gift card!  Enter here
Oh and be sure to check out their website for great recipes  and check out their Facebook page for special offers, buzz and info. 

Comments

Popular Posts