Ginger Lemon Honey Tea All Around!

I was so proud over the past couple months of my very healthy family.  A lot of our friends have been sick but we've dodged the cold and flu aisle for the past few months.  That was, until this past weekend....starting with Riley and her 101 degree fever and coughing....
and a day later, little Sydney...and her 102 fever (always an overachiever)
We've had a low key few days at home with a lot of reading, snuggles and warm lemon tea.

This recipe from Weelicious is our favorite...
Ginger Lemon Honey Tea (makes 2 servings)
1 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger, peeled
2 Cups Water
Juice of 1 Lemon
1-2 Tbsp Honey, or to taste
1. Cut the ginger into disks.
2. Bring the water and ginger to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and let steep for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove ginger from water.
3. Add the lemon juice and honey to the water and stir to dissolve honey.
4. Serve tea in mugs.
*Make sure to throughly cool for little ones before serving


Luckily, they've bounced back very quickly but are still little less energetic. 
Am I a horrible mother for not minding that aspect of their recuperation

Don't forget to enter to win a FUN PASS to get over 1500 in discounts to area attractions in MA, NH, ME and VT! 

Happy Wednesday and Happy 1st Day of February! 

Comments

  1. We have missed out on the flu so far, and colds as well...luckily. I keep seeing on facebook how everyone is sick right now, so we are staying close to home. I don't think I can deal with the flu now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I am totally making this. THANK YOU!!! :)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics of your beautiful girls on your blog! Hope they are better soon. We live on manuka honey to try to avoid colds etc - so far it works. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope she feels better! New follower from the hop, hope you come by!
    http://hungryforliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so proud that my daughter made it to age 1 without having been sick! And then, 8 days later, she got a stomach bug (which she then gave to me) and then pinkeye (which I fortunately dodged). It's so sad to see them feeling awful!

    That tea recipe sounds wonderful. I can see making it for an upset tummy too, ginger helps with nausea.

    Returning the follow from Happy Hour Projects, thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I hope everyone is feeling better! We had the same thing last week, we had gone so long too with not getting sick. This tea sounds wonderful, will definitely be making it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a bummer that everyone is sick but that tea sounds yummy even without a cold. Thanks for stopping by my blog this afternoon from the hop. Follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip. I am a new follower come by and follow and link up on 2nd Glance Saturdays www.graeplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmm....that sounds delish my friend! You are always soooo crative! I LOVE Ginger so I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tea recipe! Hope they gained their energy back!
    Trisha

    <

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts