Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years ago my friend Sara made me a huge batch of pumpkin chip cookies and said that I would never, ever forget them.  She was right.  The years went by and I asked for the recipe but never got it until she finally admitted that she didn't like to share the special recipe too often.  So, after a crazy week of rain and chillier than average temperatures, I called her in a moment of desperation and said, "send me the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe STAT!"  Of course, what's a good friend to do?  She heard the desperation in my voice and sent it right over.  Now this is a BIG DEAL since this was a treasured "secret" recipe.  She told me I could go ahead and share it with my friends, she was ready to share.  Since my friends include my blog readers....here you go!  Straight from Sara's email...
Mix together - a can of pumpkin, 1 egg, 2 C sugar, 1 C oil and 2 tsp vanilla
In small bowl mix together 2 tsp milk and 2 tsp baking soda and add to the first mixture. Then add the dry stuff (u are suppose to sift it but i never do) 4 C flour,  4 tsp baking powder,  1 tsp salt, 2 tsp cinnamon and mix together.  Then, add your package of chocolate chips or 2 cups.  

Next, let Sydney eat as many spoonfuls as she wants and put in the oven at 375 degrees of 10 to 12 mins.  (Now Ms Sara - as old school as she may be knows that I would never, ever let Sydney eat raw cookie dough - but now I know that she eats hers....yuck!  (Queue the dream sequence...)

Ring Ring..."Hello?....this is Sal calling....Salmonella!"

Have fun!-   don't ever make toll house again!
Now, I must confess....when I read that this recipe called for TWO cups of sugar, I shuttered a bit.  I just couldn't do it.  So, I used 1 cup of sugar instead and you know what?  They were still delicious and sweet and full of chocolate and pumpkin goodness!  When I told Sara she said, "I knew you would find away to mess them up" (yes, spoken like a true friend).  Regardless, we all LOVE these cookies and I think you will too!  These cookies are moist, cake like and delicious! 

Linking up at the Mommy Club

Comments

  1. Oh the raw cookie dough...I love it :-) And so do my kids :-) Actually any raw dough seems to be a big deal here, bread, pie pastry, cookies, muffin batter :-) But, I am not as concerned about the raw eggs - since I just picked them out of the chicken coop this morning :-) My mom makes a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, and I bet hers has all that sugar too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts