Lemon Chia Seed Bread

My friend from Healthy Appetities told me that she made a loaf of Lemon Chia Seed Bread from Bob's Red Mill and it sounded so good I had to try it myself.  It was deliciously lemony, moist and yummy.  So good that I've made two more loaves that we have enjoyed over the past few weeks! 
 
Lemon Chia Bread
Glaze
  • 2 Tb Granulated Sugar
  • 1 Tb Lemon Juice
Directions
  1. Combine the chia seeds, lemon juice and milk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
  2. Cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Slowly add the chia seed mixture and blend well. Add the dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Scoop into a greased 8-inch loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. When taken out of the oven, combine the sugar and lemon juice for the glaze and pour evenly over the top. Slice and serve when cooled slightly. Makes 12 servings.
On a side note, the last time I made it, I skipped the glaze - it's still quite tasty and good!  Read more about the benefits of Chia Seeds here!

Linking up today over at Domestic Superhero, Townsend House, Blog She and The Chicken Chick!
The Chicken Chick


Happy Friday Friends! 

Comments

  1. sounds great and looks very very good.
    lovely greets
    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much love chia seeds, but haven't thought to bake with them! This sounds really good! Thanks for linking up with what i am eating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Townsend House. I love how Chia seeds can be thrown in anything! This sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bread recipe sounds so good....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY Friday.
    Visit from Blog Hop.
    would be nice if you can link up at my blog.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon! I have to try this recipe out.

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts