Barefoot by the Sea: Cilantro Dressing

Friday, April 26, 2013

Cilantro Dressing

When the weather starts to get warmer, I start craving the tastes of Summer.  A huge part of Summer (and all year round really) for our family is Mexican food!  I make fresh salsa all season long - there is nothing like local tomatoes!  A bowl of that on the deck with some delicious tortilla chips and I'm in heaven!  I also make more dinner salads since everything is fresh and locally available.  That's when I whip out my cilantro dressing recipe.  It's a standby at our house and I figured it was time I shared it with you as well! 
Ingredients -
1/2 light sour cream
1/4 greek yogurt
1 tsp vinegar
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed (or leave them in for more spice!)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove
2 scallions
juice of a lime
1/2 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp fresh pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt

Combine all your ingredients in your blender and enjoy this fresh, delicious dressing/sauce all Summer long!  It's refreshing and perfect for dipping or dressing!

I made some the other day to dress up some black bean burgers topped with mango.  It was a hit!

Linking up over at The Chicken Chick and Townsend House today - come share what you've been eating!

8 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delicious! I actually like anything with cilantro...such a good herb! And it doesn't hurt that it is really effective for toxic metal cleansing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this sounds delicious! I love all the ingredients in the dressing. I'll have to try it out! We eat Mexican several times a week usually. It's pretty much our favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. I can imagine I'll be making vats full of this to appease the burger-eaters I live with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO GOOD!! I have been wanting to make more homemade dressings....this one looks just perfect for summer!! Thanks for the recipe - I will definitely be trying it! Hope you have a good weekend! Ours is jam packed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw...I decided when I was at TJ's today that I NEED to make this with fish tacos. I actually can't stop thinking about it. Unfortunately TJ's doesn't sell cabbage of any kind, so tonight was not the night for them :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel pretty grateful to have come across the weblog and look forward to some more awesome moments reading here. Thank you once again….
    Accounts Software For Small Business
    Simran Kaur

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cilantro, I'm going to try this recipe! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Delxue Designs