Another Healthy Cookie! No added flour, eggs or sugar!

 
I've been known to go a little far with the "healthy cookie".  Don't get me wrong, I think you can absolutely make a cookie with a healthier spin but sometimes I've added say a little too much applesauce or gone too far with an alternative ingredient.  The word "sawdust" comes to mind.  So, when I greeted my husband with these, he was skeptical.  In fact, the conversation went a little like this:
 
"Oh, I have some cookies" - Me
"I know exactly what those are going to taste like...not exactly what I had in mind" - Hubby
But then he stopped rummaging through the cupboards and threw caution to the wind.  Now, it may have been because these are speckled with mini chips throughout but so be it! 
He initially didn't have a reaction but then reached in for another...and another...and then he finally said, "Those are actually really good!" 
Sweet victory indeed. 
So perhaps the "healthy cookie" aren't always the winner but sometimes they just work out! 

Ingredients
  • 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
  • ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
  • 1 cup peanut or almond butter (I used Justin's Honey Peanut Butter - yum!)
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • ¼-1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life's Dairy Free)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Put all ingredients in a food processor (except chocolate) and blend together very well.
  3. Stir chocolate chips into mixture.
  4. Spray your pan lightly with cooking spray
  5. Use your hands to form each ball of dough into a thick cookie shape
  6. Space cookies equally apart on sheet, makes about 2 dozen, dependingon the size
  7. Bake for 12 minutes or until firm 
Enjoy the very last day of April friends!  Poof!  Another month is gone!

Comments

Popular Posts