In the Garden...

It's amazing what some super hot and humid weather can do for a garden!  If i'm being honest, I wasn't entirely sure that we'd have a successful one this year.  We had a late Spring and cooler temperatures to start so I wondered if we would even get a harvest.  Thankfully, I was wrong and pretty excited to see a lot of delicious vegetables getting bigger overnight!  Here are a few pictures to see what's going on there!
 
First up, our green peppers seem to be in their "happy place" and I'm thrilled about that!  Never, ever have had luck with peppers in the past and I'm not sure why since my sister in law has mountains of peppers every. single. year.  I'm happy to report this year, we seems to be doing well and have enjoyed some fresh green peppers in our salads! 
We also have started getting zucchini.  We had loads of it last Summer and although we are off to a slower start this year, it seems to be doing better now that the weather has been better.  I'm sure I'll be sick of it by the end of the Summer but I LOVE grilled zucchini so we are enjoying it now!
The tomatoes are also coming right along and my cherry tomatoes are already starting to ripen!  It won't be long now!
I think that's about it, we've been getting green and purple beans all this month, so we have enjoyed those!  We also have PLENTY of fresh basil, cilantro, parsley and oregano.  Nothing like a fresh, homeade, herb pizza! 
 
How are things in your garden growing?  As we approach the every end of July (how did THAT happen) I'm sure they are doing well!

Comments

  1. Yum! Those peppers look delicious! I will be picking some later for lunch :-) Wish I had luck with the zucchini, but it seems like I am destined to buy it instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your peppers, they are beautiful! Our pepper plants look so healthy, but they are not producing a single pepper.... yet. I am still hopeful! Everything else is going well. Cabbage is crazy.... I need to find some cabbage recipes that will freeze well. Do you know any?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts