This is the time of year I want our home to smell like the season! Last week I made some delicious Cinnamon Apple Crisp that warmed our bellies and made it smell like I had been baking all day. Truth be told this was a pretty quick recipe to whip up!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used dairy free)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 apples, peeled and cored (I used Macs and Cortlands)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (again, I used dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cut apples into quarters
3. Melt the butter and sugar in a large sauté pan and cook for 30 seconds over medium heat.
4. Add the sliced apples to the pan, sprinkle in the cinnamon, combine and cook for 10-12 minutes until the apples are soft.
5. Place the remaining crisp ingredients in a bowl and gently crumble together with your fingers until the mixture forms pea-sized lumps.
6. Pour the apples into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and cover with the crumble topping.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Cool and serve.
The result was a delicious apple crisp that we all enjoyed. This would make the perfect Thanksgiving recipe or to enjoy with friends!