Vegan Lemon Quick Bread


I'm a lemon lover, there...I said it.  In a quest to create a deliciously moist, lemon quick bread, I have experimented through the years with all sorts of combinations.  This one, however, was declared "the winner" by my honest family who, would not be too forgiving if the result was anything less than delicious!  This one came together quickly and tasted SO good!  This is one you'll want to double my friends!

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 medium lemon,  juiced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, lemon and ginger
Make two wells in the dry ingredients and pour the vinegar in one and oil in the other.  Pour water over everything and stir until everything is just combined. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted until the center comes out clean. 

Enjoy this on a chilly Winter day!  LOVE that it's vegan! 

Comments

  1. This looks delicious! I love the addition of fresh ginger, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious, and there is nothing like a lemon baked good to brighten our day! I will definitely try this, when I add baked goods back into my diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I can smell it from here, ha ha. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts