One of our favorite salads around here is this delicious black bean salad. My kids beg for it and I'm thrilled they're eager to have a fresh and yummy salad. I blogged about a similar recipe years ago and this one is along the same lines but it's worth repeating especially as the warmer weather comes and you're looking for an easy weeknight salad or healthy option to bring to a potluck.
Black Bean Salad
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup diced English cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 grapeseed oil
- 2 – 3 dashes cumin
- 2 – 3 dashes coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the beans, bell pepper, tomato, corn, cucumber, green onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Stir until ingredients are well distributed.
- In another bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Pour over the bean mixture, tossing to combine. Chill until serving time.
- Top with avocado
Have a great weekend my friends! MAY 15th, half way through!