Hot Fun In The Summertime

Summer. In my opinion, Summer is all about slowing down. Taking delight in the little things, spending more time outside, shutting electronics off, opening the windows, having dinner outside, later bedtimes. Things just seem more low-key this time of year.

We are basking in the warmer temperatures around here, having long and playful days. Spending a lot of time checking out our garden, watching for butterflies and new birds we only see this time of year. As usual, I've retreated into sponge mode with my girls. Realizing that now I have an 11 and 7 year old, coming to terms with the fact that these days won't last forever. The very sweetest moments are when I am with them. I'm slowly giving up more of my "hold" on them but obviously it's a process. I'm proud of my oldest when she decides she's going to go for a bike ride, when she wants to make herself a smoothie for a snack.  I'm realizing that my just turned seven-year-old doesn't need help with nearly as much as she did last Summer. At the same time, they both know I am here when they do need me I am happy to report that still is pretty often.

All of these reasons are why I'm going to be blogging two times a week this Summer. I still want to have that connection with my friends in the blogging world. At the same time, I realize that my family's needs come first and I don't want to be stressed out about writing or not having a post up. I started blogging as a way to connect and I definitely have, and still plan to… Just for the next several weeks I will be on here a little less. I'll be back to my regular schedule in the Fall!

For now, I'll be making time for the beach and homemade ice pops!

Comments

  1. Great plan! I was thinking that it's harder to blog in the summer even though things seem to slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I totally agree. :-)
    Enjoy!
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts