One item that I tend to include when the girls are tired of the usual suspects are Pizza Rolls. Basically a modified calzone/muffin, these little rolls are perfectly portioned and taste just like pizza. I like to stuff ours full of veggies and the girls always enjoy them.
- Pizza Dough - make your favorite or I use Trader Joes dough
- Veggies - I use a mix of broccoli, onions, green peppers but anything goes!
- Tomato sauce
- Cheese/pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Roll dough and divide in half
- Over medium heat, sauté veggies, sauce, garlic and herbs to soften, about 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool
- On each piece of dough, distribute veggies in the center of each.
- Add cheese/pepperoni if desired and distribute evenly
- Take one side of dough and pull across to cover veggies mixture.
- Then take opposite side and so the same
- Now, cut these into pieces
- On a prepared muffin tin, place each piece so that the inside is facing up
- Do this for the rest of your pieces
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy