Can you feel that? It's the excitement in the air from so many people because Game Day is happening all throughout the country this time of year. I've always loved how people come together and share the love of a good game and good food! This year, Old El Paso™ is encouraging you to Spice Up Your Game Day with delicious Old El Paso recipes and ingredients from your local Shaws store! Did I mention they have a lot of great deals in store for you right now? If you have the Shaws MyMixx app, you can Save $1.00 on any ONE PACKAGE Old El Paso™ Dinner Kit, Tortillas, or Taco Shells and TWO Avocados from Mexico! This offer's available until 2/9/16!
Always up for a new recipe challenge, I headed to Shaws to help me find all the ingredients to craft the perfect Game Day meal that our family would enjoy. Shaws has a variety of Old El Paso products from basic to new and inventive. They have all the delicious ingredients you need to create that perfect appetizer or meal for Game Day!
Spinach and Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 1 packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup Old El Paso enchilada sauce
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 can of chopped green chilies
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 Old El Paso Corn Taco Shells
- 1 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream if desired
- Heat oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, mix together the beans, spinach, corn, 1 cup of cheese and the can of chilies.
- In a prepared casserole dish, break apart 6 taco shells and roughly line the bottom of your dish
- Gently spread the spinach bean mixture over the taco shells the spinach mixture in the tortillas
- Crush the remaining two taco shells and sprinkle all over the bean mixture
- Top with 1 cup of enchilada sauce and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover dish with foil and bake until bubbling, about 20-25 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro and chopped avocado. Serve with sour cream
What do you have cooking for Game Day? I'm happy to report that your Shaws store and Old El Paso has all the ingredients you need to create the perfect recipe! Check out the inspiration over at Old El Paso! Do you have a special recipe you're planning? I'd love if you could share in the comments below!This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.