I headed over to my local Shaws store to get all the items I needed for this easy, economical dish. The cans were convenient and easy to prepare. I created a simple, vegetarian dish that my family enjoyed.
Vegetarian Corn and Bean Flautas
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 12 soft tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray
- Add garlic, onions, green pepper, tomatoes, cumin and chili powder
- Cook on medium heat until onions and peppers are tender
- Stir in beans
- On a prepared baking sheet, arrange tortillas and spread 1-2 tablespoons of bean filling on each corn tortilla
- Top with cheese
- Roll tortilla around filling, secure loosely with toothpick
- Bake 6-10 minutes until corn tortillas are crispy
- Top with cilantro, salsa and sour cream if desired
As an alternative recipe, you can easily make open faced Corn and Bean Quesadillas, yum!
Are you ready for Cans Get You Cooking? Take a look at the recipes and inspiration to help you get out of that food rut and into an easier, healthy weekly dinner routine!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shaws. The opinions and text are all mine. Please note, Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.