I've read my friend Carla's blog for a while now and she's introduced me to the Hodgepodge. I've learned a lot about Carla so I thought I would join along!
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
Click here to join the fun. Every Tuesday, grab the questions, link back and answer them on Wednesday!
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
August is fleeting so I can't imagine I'll have time to add one of these. If any, I'll get a chance to write a letter, and send a couple of heart felt birthday cards. I would love to make my own cookbook but that's probably not happening!
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
I agree. I think having goals, wishes and wants helps us strive to work harder, do better and always work towards attaining the things we want most. Sometimes if we can't get them, eventually we realize we've done okay without them. It puts that into perspective. Want vs Need. Sometimes what we have is enough and I think that's a great reminder to focus on what you have!
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
I do love thrifty finds. Over the years I've found some really fun things. Although this isn't my favorite, I spotted this last week and it made me chuckle. It's always amazing to see what people donate! Trash vs Treasure!
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
8 - I love visiting new places with family, I love getaways and I love discovering new and exciting destinations. I also love being home, in my most comfortable pair of pjs and just enjoying that type of comfort. Recently, I watched a travel show that showcased the National Parks. I traveled to several as a teenager when we went cross country but never appreciated that trip. Now, I would love to go and share those beautiful sights with my own family. That recently kicked it into high gear!
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
It's felt a bit like a marathon. A long run to complete our Summer bucket-list, to enjoy those last long, lazy Summer days and late Summer evenings. It's special but we're definitely trying to fit it all in.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
We need a trip to the lake, a trip to the beach and another trip to the ice cream stand. Oh, and I want to see the outdoor play they put on in our local community. This year they're putting on The Little Mermaid and we don't want to miss it!
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
Last week we visited Chatham, MA in Cape Cod. There were dozens of seals swimming along the shore. It was a beautiful day and an amazing sight. We were there for hours, just taking it all in. It was a special memory making day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
"Some of the best memories are made in flip flops" - Kelly Elmore