There's nothing like delicious, fresh fruit in the Summer! We are loving peaches and nectarines this time of year. I can't decide which I like best so why choose? This salad incorporates both and offers a little bit of sweet and savory flavors. This is different but in a good way!Ingredients
- 1 peach, cored and chopped
- 1 nectarine, cored and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Fresh mint
- Heat oil in sauté pan. Add red onion, cook for five minutes and add peaches and nectarines. Continue to cook on low heat until onions are tender
- Boil water for orzo pasta. Once boiling, add pasta and cook until done. Drain and set aside.
- Pour peaches, nectarines and onions over orzo and stir until combined.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and stir
- Top with feta and mint
How about you? Do you prefer peaches or nectarines?