Last week, when I wasn't sure what to make for dinner, and I returned from the garden with a bounty of fresh zucchini, tomatoes and herbs, I decided to make zucchini pizza. I made a lot of them and enjoyed them for the better part of the week!
4 medium zucchini
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
¼ red onion, sliced
¼ cup pepperoni, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup feta
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside seeds.
- To help them lay flat on the pan, you can also cut a piece off the bottom of the “boat” to create a flat surface.
- Spread a light layer of tomatoes (about 1 tablespoon) inside each zucchini
- Top with onions and pepperoni
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until zucchini is tender (but not mushy).
- Top with basil and serve.
These are fresh, healthy and good. Everyone enjoyed them, and they definitely incorporated the traditional pizza flavors, which helped!
What are you doing with your zucchini these days?