Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper
- romaine lettuce
- your favorite wrap (I used Trader Joes Habanaro Lime tortillas)
- Mash chickpeas with a fork or in food processor, add mayo, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and combine until chickpeas are mashed.
- Toss in celery
- On your wrap place a couple leaves of romaine and top with 2 heaping tablespoons of your chickpea spread
*This recipe makes 3-4 wraps and can store in an airtight container for 4 days.
It is a tad spicy but you can easily modify this by omitting the crushed red pepper and choosing a different wrap.
I'm not kidding when I tell you my kids are loving and requesting this wrap for lunch. I'm happy to provide a healthy, fueling sandwich to keep them going throughout the day. Keep in mind, we're only on week 2 here so I'm guessing it will be only a matter of time before their sick of these and ready to move on!For now, I'm running with it! What types of lunch recipes have you been sending your kids in with these days?