Hello, it is Wednesday and it is time for the Hodgepodge.
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. What's changed in your life, home, or community since your last birthday? Our city started building a new high school which is very exciting for the area. The goal is a state of the art facility that will offer more for our youth. These things take time, but I'm hoping my kiddos benefit from it!
2. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like/listen to classical music? If so what's a favorite piece and/or who is a favorite composer? I do like Classical Music but don't have a favorite composer. There's nothing better than a lazy day, listening to peaceful music and diffusing some essential oils. Can you feel my zen ;)?
3. Besides The Bible, what's a book that has positively changed your life, relationships, career, or perspective? How so? The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being PResent to the Life You Have by Mark Nepo This was a life changer for me, offering a daily reflection to encourage growth, perspective and happiness.
4. I read (here) these ten hobbies will make you smarter...play a musical instrument, read voraciously, meditate regularly, work out your brain (puzzles, sudoku, board games, etc), exercise often, learn a new language, write your feelings down (blog, journal, just write), travel to new places, cook different kinds of meals, participate in sports actively.
Are any on this list your current hobbies? Which hobby on the list would you be most inclined to try? I exercise pretty much daily, try to blog often, love to travel and cook different kinds of meals. If I could pick one to concentrate on more? Having the time and means to TRAVEL with my family!
5. What sports traditions does your family have? We aren't a huge sports family but we do love a good game of badminton in the summer! I'd also love to catch a Red Sox game because, well, it's Fenway and I do enjoy with the Patriots (I know, you love them or hate them) have a good game - and well, good food to celebrate the Superbowl, so we always watch that!
6. In a few words, weigh in on the current football/National Anthem brouhaha. Keep it family friendly please. I think we should respect our National Anthem, what it means to live in a free country and have the benefits and rights that so many others don't. Sports are a national pastime, our children look up to those players. I feel like it's our duty to be respectful adults!
7. Where do you have loads of patience, and where do you most lack patience? Loads of patience...hmmmm? Let me get back to you there. I have a lack of patience for ignorance and bigotry.
8. Insert your own random thought here. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” ― J.K. Rowling,