Welcome back to Joyce! We've missed you! It's Hodgepodge time! Come join the fun!
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here. Theater season has started here - that means music, dancing and lots of fun for my oldest!
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
I head outside with my family. There is nothing that brings joy more than a quiet hike through the woods with my girls, a trip to the farm or a walk on the beach. That brings me true happiness!
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you? I do enjoy taking a hot bath although that doesn't happen too frequently. I also really love curling up in my over-sized chair, with a magazine and a cup of tea. That helps me regroup and decompress.
4. What song never fails to make you happy? Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, which always brings a smile.
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include? I'm not big on fast food. When I was younger, my grandmother loved a Whopper Jr from Burger King but honestly, I can't remember the last time I had one. After reading Fast Food Nation, I just couldn't (well, that any that Halloween Burger I saw advertised). That being said, my happy meal would likely include a crusty baguette, cheese, a garden fresh tomato and freshly picked basil. It will be a while before I enjoy that again (sigh).
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog. I actually started the blog years ago to chronicle my experience with getting a CSA. It was great to journal and share my experience. At the time, I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law *may* have been my only reader. Now I blog because I love the connections I've made over the years. It's amazing how you become friends with people who you might otherwise not had the opportunity to meet. I love the friends I've made on here - Carla, Heather, Kris, Natalie and Cathy just to name a few!!!
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
- Health: I'm grateful my family and friends are healthy.
- My Children: They've brought more joy to my life than I could ever imagine.
- Beautiful Weather: It was 70 degrees this past Monday, on November 14th - in New Hampshire!
- For Freedom: Another thing we often take for granted yet so precious.
- Friendship: Old and new, I'm grateful for the friends in my life.
- Coffee because...well, COFFEE!
- Yoga Pants because they make my upcoming indulging that much more enjoyable!