Another week off from hodgepodge so I'm revisiting some from last year...Joyce will be back next week! Wish her well as she's still moving!
1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general? It surprises me that some women never really leave high school and still get caught up in social cliques and try to make others feel inferior. The difference is that I don't care anymore but I will care when it affects my girls. I'm working hard to raise strong, confident daughters which are traits that will serve them well in life. I want to teach them not to worry about the mean girls!
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary last year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?
I loathe a few of them. I would never say brain fart - ever. I would also never use awesomesauce. I might use hangry in passing if I was super...well, hangry! I'm new to the "cat cafe" but if this is a real thing, I must take my kitties there - they'd have a great time! ;)
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite?
I'm not really a big gravy person. I usually make my own once a year, on Thanksgiving. Out of the choices above, it would be turkey and gravy I guess.
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain. I always have a plan, I'm a planner. I like being able to map out my day, my week, my month. I don't know if I "need" a plan but I'm much more productive if I do have one!
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on? I do enjoy Monopoly. We have the classic version and a Star Wars version, although I can't remember the last time we played with. We probably won't play Monopoly on the 19th, my oldest daughter is running a 5k to finish off the season. I've never been to Atlantic City, I've only been on the Walt Disney Railroad and no, the parking in our city isn't free downtown.
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning? I'm a total 70s child. I love the song THANK YOU (FALETTINME BE MICE ELF AGIN) by Sly and the Family Stone
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for? I am so thankful for our freedom. So many people don't have comfort, freedom or choice. Voting this week reminded me that we live in an amazing country - no matter how crazy this election was!
8. Insert your own random thought here.