I'm guessing a lot of you are prepping, shopping, cooking, baking...getting ready for THANKSGIVING! Hard to believe it's already here! Head over to Joyce's and join the hodgepodge for a bit of a diversion between the chopping and prepping!
1. What's something you might say runs in your family? My Grandmother always kept a tidy house, she started her morning cleaning. She passed that onto my Mother and now, me. I have been know to "have" to have a clean house before I leave in the morning...to a fault. If I know we are going somewhere, I will set my alarm so that I can clean the house and have it tidy for when I return. It's been passed on over the generations ;). I can't stand coming home to a messy, cluttered or dirty house.
2. I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives (in less than six weeks!)...which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own 'before the year ends' list?
visit your Dr. or dentist, deep clean your home, donate unwanted items to charity, look someone in the eye and tell them you love them, write an honest letter to yourself, clean up your inbox-desktop-photos, travel to a place you haven't been, compliment a stranger, watch the sunrise, think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year?
I'm in the process of donating items to charity. I went through my oldest's room and my closet last weekend. My youngest's tomorrow. I'd also love to write some goals for 2017!
3. What's something other generations (not your own) misunderstand about yourgeneration? I think older generations think that we are less social and sucked into electronics and our phones. Look around any restaurant and we may just prove their point!
4. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing-which would you miss the most if it weren't on the holiday dinner menu? Mashed potatoes (but hold the gravy). I've never had sweet potato casserole, it's not part of our spread.
5. What are you overthinking right now? Christmas gifts - how can I already feel behind?
6. Your favorite slang word lately? SUP? Not really. I don't use a whole lot of slang but I did say that as a joke last week and it cracked my husband up.
7. Write an acrostic for the word grateful:
Give back to your community
Realize how lucky we are
Always be kind
Tell your family you love them
Eventually the sun comes back out
Follow your dreams
Understand some people are in pain, show compassion
Love with all your might