Welcome November Hodgepodge

Happy November Friends! It's Wednesday which typically means Hodgepodge! Joyce, however, is in the middle of her move this week - CONGRATULATIONS to her! So, in honor of the weekly fun, I pulled a November Hodgepodge from 2013. Be sure to head over next week and join the Hodgepodge fun! 
1
.  What's one way you're like your siblings?  If you don't have siblings
how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin? I don't have any siblings and was never close to my cousins. I guess my closest friends and I love to laugh, listen to good music and tell stories.  

2.  What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen? Innocence. I turned eighteen during my freshman year of college. The first time I lived away from home - six hours away to be exact. I thought I was so grown up but really had no idea! 

3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why? Painter. I love art and have always enjoyed painting, I just wish I was better at it. 
4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you? The smell of the ocean - Cape Cod to be exact. It reminds me of trips we used to take when I was younger with my parents. We went every summer, a tradition I've now handed down to my own children. There is nothing like that salty air smell. 

5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month).  Are you a lover or a hater?  What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?  Without question, I am a peanut butter lover! Honestly, something as simple as enjoying a peanut butter english muffin is bliss. Nothing fancy, just old school.

6. What do people thank you personally for most often? That's a good question. I volunteer at school weekly, so I guess I'm thanked for helping out in the classrooms. I'm glad I have the opportunity to do so! 

7. What event this year are you most thankful for? I'm thankful that we had the opportunity to continue our annual week vacation to Cape Cod. I know that seems to be a running theme this week but it truly is my favorite week of the year. When life gets so busy and with our kids getting older, it's such a gift that we can escape for a week away. The memories we make are the ones I'll cherish forever. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Comments

  1. I agree wholeheartedly about pb on a toasted English muffin! LOVE!! I turned 18 during my freshman year at college too. We went to the Cape in the summers as well. Parallel lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... And now I am craving peanut butter! And day dreaming of the Atlantic Ocean.... Ahhhhh......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut Butter lover here too!! :-)
    You are so right, the special memories made on vacations. I am so thankful we did our trip to South Dakota. With Sam working now, things are really changing. We plan to do as many more trips as we can together! It is such a special time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts