It's been a couple weeks since I've participated in the Wednesday Hodgepodge and I've missed it! So, here we go! Click here to join the fun!
1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate. I think I'm a bit more task oriented. I like getting things done, the feeling of accomplishment. Yes, I do love people but if given a day of Christmas shopping solo or with a friend, I'd go solo every. single. time. I like to check people off my list and not have to chit chat too much. Blogging has allowed me to really step out of my comfort zone and meet people in a creative space when it's a little more convenient for me. Is that bad? Yes, I'm a bit of an introvert. I once read that introverts feel exhausted after a lot of socialization and extroverts feel energized. I'm definitely the first.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today. I don't earn pearls and I always said maybe someday. I'd rather have a couple beautiful pieces of high quality jewelry than a bunch of "stuff". My husband gave me a beautiful diamond necklace the day we got married and I still cherish it to this day (but rarely have an occasion to wear it).
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little? No, I've never tried one. I'm not big on seafood and I must admit it isn't the most visually appealing thing.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016? That's tough. Probably Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, the doctor who discovered the elevated levels of lead in Flint, MIchigan's water. A little more about her, "She is now well known as the person who sounded the alarm over lead in Flint's drinking water. Her work, well above the call of duty, helped the 100,000 people who live in Flint and exposed the truth that 8,000 to 10,000 kids under the age of 6 in Flint — "all of whom deserve the best from us" — had been exposed to lead." Source
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color. I've always loved that shade of green. My living room is a similar shade - I've always called it avocado but it's close. So I don't have to do too much and I'm already "on trend".
6. Today I've had too many...Hershey kisses (the white peppermint to be exact!) 'Tis the season!
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
Oh there's no place like home
For the holidays, 'cause no matter
How far away you roam
If you want
To be happy in a million ways
For the holidays, you can't beat
Home, sweet home
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As a reminder there's still time to enter one of the many giveaways for the 2016 Holiday Gift Guide, just look over the past two weeks to win goodies from Quinn Popcorn, ElectroBags, alfresco, Wyman's of Maine, The Fun Pass, New England Cupboard and Woolzies! There's a little something for everyone! We'll be closing out the gift guide this Friday with one last feature and giveaway so check back!