Blog Shout Out: Sweet Phi and SOUP

Today I'm sharing a recipe that I came across a couple of weeks ago from the blog, Sweet Phi. If you haven't checked out her blog, it's a must visit! She shares delicious recipes, great travel suggestions and features, and last year came out with her very first cookbook! I was lucky enough to review her cookbook and I share some of her yummy recipes here. I think I love her 5 ingredient Fridays most of all, giving me inspiration and faith that even I can make a yummy recipe with only five ingredients!

When I came across a recipe for her Healthy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup I was a bit skeptical. I've made lentil soup before and it hasn't always come out so great, but I loved that this looked hearty and economical. You guys, the soup did not disappoint! Super easy to make, rich in flavor and healthy! This was a hit with everyone and no one complained about eating leftovers the next day! 

I love that you literally throw all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do it's magic. It really is that simple! This will definitely be made again soon! It's a great soup to have on hand when inviting friends over, or after a day skiing or anytime!

I hope you guys head over and check out her blog. It would be great for say, watching a football game this weekend! Yes, I'm in New England so you're probably correct if you assume who we are rooting for!

Happy Weekend my friends! 

Comments

  1. Oh this sounds good!! I love a good slow cooker soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great one! I'm making it again SOON!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, thank you SO MUCH for this super sweet post. I'm so happy that you loved the soup!! It's the red lentil that give it an almost creamy texture (without adding any cream). I've made this a bunch of times, it's just so yummy! Thank you again for the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for sharing all your delicious recipes!

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds wonderful! Thanks for the link and review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri! It's a great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the house smells amazing after this simmering in the slow cooker all day! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, it's SO easy and delicious! You should try it if you like lentils!

      Delete
  7. Hi!
    Soup is everywhere I look, I think this is a sign to me to get soup on the menu this week. This looks so good, thank you for posting.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts