Let's talk for a bit about how crazy busy things get. I know, it's life and if you're a Mom with busy kids, it seems like every seasons brings new challenges. I know, I sound like I'm on repeat lately but it's so true! We've been getting back into the routine and yes, it seems like it's taken a good month to get there but slowly, we are inching back in. My mornings are hectic again, I'll save the lazy coffee filled mornings for the weekends I guess.
One thing I use a lot this time of year and really, all year, its my slow cooker. I love it! Yesterday I used it to make sweet potatoes and they were perfect! Simply rinse your sweet potatoes, and toss them in your crockpot. Nothing else is needed! They were on low for about 6 hours and when we got home from our crazy evening, they were perfect and so easy!
Another thing I make a lot is this Spicy Crockpot Veggie Frittata. Protein packed and healthy, this is SO easy! My secret weapon for this recipe? HEAT! In the form of Hungarian Paprika and Jalapenos. If you're not a fan of spice, better stick to the crockpot sweet potatoes but if you are, go for it! It's spicy and flavorful!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together, stir in veggies and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Pour into slow cooker
- Top with remaining cheese, and seasoning.
- Cook on low for about 2 hours or until the eggs are set and a knife inserted comes out clean
Enjoy and have a great weekend my friends!