So, today we're back to reality and let me tell you, 5AM was brutal! I am glad we have less Winter behind us than ahead and am looking forward to longer days, more sunshine and in general, more warmth! Getting back to reality also includes getting back on track from an eating perspective! For me, I tend to indulge a bit more when we're in "vacation mode" so it's time to get back on track. That's where these Seedy Crackers come into play.
- 2 cups ground flaxseed - I buy preground, it just makes my life easier!
- 1 cup water (start with 3/4 c. and add more as needed to make a workable dough)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until an even dough forms.
- Spread evenly onto a parchment paper and place another piece on top.
- Roll out dough and peel away top piece of parchment paper. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully cut your crackers into squares
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until your edges are crisp.
Can you believe we're Springing Forward on Sunday? Spring really is coming SOON!