Toliet Tablets for Quick Cleaning (Recipe)

If you've been around here for a while you know I have a fondness for cleaning. I do like a clean house, things feel more organized when my house is neat, tidy and fresh. It means we have more time for relaxation and enjoying life. Recently, I snagged a recipe off Do It On a Dime for Toilet Fizzies to refresh your bowl. I know, not your typically exciting recipe but one worthy of sharing. Anybody who's cleaned a toilet would agree it would be nice to have something to use in between cleanings. These fit the bill, are super economical and work great!
You'll need
1 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Citric Acid
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp hydrogen peroxide
12 drops of the Essential Oil of your choice (I used Lavender)
1 tbsp 50/50 water/vinegar spray
Mix together your dry ingredients. Slowly pour your wet ingredients over the top and avoid as much fizz as possible. Form into balls or tablets. Spray with a 50/50 vinegar/water blend (this helps avoid crumbles) and let dry overnight. The vinegar mixture will "puff up" the tabs a bit. You can also put the powder into a mason jar or other container with a scoop and use as needed. I toss these into our toilet mid week for a freshen up! They work great!

For more great ideas and natural cleaning recipes check out Do it On A Dime! She shares so many great ideas! 

Comments

  1. I hadn't seen these. How cool! Where did you find the citric acid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually in the canning section, I found it at Walmart but they also sell it on Amazon. You don't need much so I figured a small container was plenty!

      Delete
  2. You can find anything on Amazon!! I bet these smell really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I was going to ask you about citric acid, but I see you already answered that question!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts