Cloud Bread (Easy Recipes)

I've been MIA again. No excuses, it's just been a busy (and admittedly dreary) Spring. I wanted to pop back over her to share a recipe I had wanted to test out for a while now, Cloud Bread. It was pretty good! 
Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
  • Optional Toppings - Sea Salt, Pepper, Rosemary, Anything goes!
Directions - 
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. You'll Need two Bowls.
  2. Using a full-fat can of coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight, spoon out the top coconut cream and add to the smaller bowl.
  3. Separate eggs into the two bowls, adding the yolk to the bowl with the cream and be careful to not let the yolk get into the whites in the larger bowl.
  4. Using a hand mixer, beat the yolk and cream together first until nice and creamy, make sure there are no clumps of coconut left.
  5. Add the baking powder into the whites and start beating on medium with the hand mixer for a few minutes, moving around and you’ll see it get firmer. Keep going for a few minutes, you want to get it as thick as you can with stiff peaks. The thicker the better. Just don’t over-do it. Once you can stop and dip the whisks in leaving peaks behind, you’re ready.
  6. Quickly and carefully add the yolk-coconut mixture into the whites, folding with a spatula, careful not to deflate too much. Keep going until everything is well combined but still fluffy.
  7. Now you can grab your spoon and start dropping your batter down on the baking sheet. Keep going as quickly and carefully as you can, or it will start to melt. They should look pillow-y.
  8. Steadily add your baking sheet to the middle rack in the oven and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes. You should be able to scoop them up with your spatula and see a fluffy top and a flat bottom. Store in the fridge for about a week or freezer.
This is a great option if you're looking for some low carb, lower calorie "bread". Usually, the recipes include cream cheese but I opted for the vegan recipe. The outcome? Pretty good bread and surprisingly easier than I would have thought. 
This recipe makes approx. 10 slices depending on the size you cut. 

Hope you guys have a great Wednesday! 

Comments

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Thank you for the recipe.
    I hear you about busy. All of a sudden LIFE has sprung .. graduation party planning, finishing up the school year, yard work, garden planning, farm market planning .. LOL May has always been crazy busy for our family. I can already feel it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the recipe for this with cream cheese. Interesting without. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband eats very low carb. He's really kept his weight down that way. This recipe looks great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you blogging!! This is a very interesting recipe. I've never heard of cloud bread. I think you meant dairy free, not vegan. I wonder if I could completely veganize it!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been curious to try some of the cloud bread recipes, and really like yours! Some have sooo much dairy in them, I just can't bring myself to try them. Your ingredients and prep sound like it would be delicious.... And lighter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts